Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

Even if you or your family members are working, it can be hard to make ends meet. The WIC program may be able to help with buying and preparing healthy foods and linking families to health care, community resources, breastfeeding support, and immunizations.

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have an infant and/or children up to 5 years of age you may be eligible for the WIC program. Click the button below to see if you might be eligible for the WIC program.

WIC PreScreening Tool

The Kankakee County Health Department WIC program offers both walk-in and appointment options for one-on-one sessions, online modules that can be completed at home, and interactive group classes. 

Call the Kankakee County Health Department at (815) 802-9400 to make a WIC appointment

Walk-in WIC hours

Fridays from 8:30am to 3:30pm

The following Fridays, walk-in hours are 8:30am to 11:00am:

  • January 18, 2019
  • February 15, 2019
  • March 15, 2019
  • April 12, 2019
  • May 17, 2019
  • June 14, 2019
  • July 12, 2019
  • August 16, 2019
  • September 13, 2019
  • October 18, 2019
  • November 15, 2019
  • December 13, 2019

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online by clicking on the button below and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

Filing a Program Discrimination Complaint as a USDA Customer

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by one the following methods:

  1. Mail
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax
    (202) 690-7442
  3. E-mail
    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.